Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ever'green' trees or not...

Well this is certainly not a 'green' tree -color wise or conservation/nature wise! But it surely gets your attention.

My tree is green in color. Unfortunately this year it has to be artificial; I have had mine for many years now.; I use it when circumstances don't allow me to get a real tree. I would so much more want a beautiful tree to replant outdoors, but this year it just won't work. I am definitely making plans for a real green tree next year. I just to come indoors and smell the aromatic fir or pine scent wafting in the air.

I do have just the place to plant several trees in up-coming years.

I am looking to start a hedgerow with special bushes dedicated to a variety of berries for the birds for their winter food. In back of them I thought that some evergreens would look great while providing a wind break from the winter's freezing winds. This windbreak would be much appreciated by the plants, birds, and other little critters. A brush pile in that area would make sense too. I hope that everyone enjoys their holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment